We have noticed that homeowners are often unaware of how important it is to upgrade lighting when they remodel. Did you know that replacing old light fixtures with new ones, along with installing lights in dark areas, can help modernize the look of your home, enhance your living spaces, and increase your home’s sale value? Your home can be changed from dark and dreary to bright and welcoming.
Switching out old light fixtures that are showing signs of age can instantly take years off the appearance of your home. A word of caution though–trendier styles of lighting are more likely to go out-of-style sooner than conservative choices. You may want to go with the trendier selections to enhance the value of your real estate if you are planning to sell in the near future.
In addition to modernizing the look of your home, improving your lighting layout with specialized lighting fixtures can enhance the safety of your home, increase your sense of security at night, and make it easier to complete certain types of activities.
Ideas for new lighting options:
▪ Replacements for all existing lighting, creating themed décor.
▪ Functional lighting in the entranceway and alcoves of your home.
▪ Dimmer switches in rooms where you don’t want the light glaring in your eyes, such as the bathroom in the middle of the night.
▪ Spot lighting over the bed to enable nighttime reading.
▪ Recessed lighting to highlight otherwise dreary corners.
▪ Overhead fixtures in closets and pantries.
If your landscape is in need of some brightening up, consider enhancing your home’s curb appeal with low-level lighting to illuminate pathways around the home or to accent garden fountains or sculptures. Low-level lighting can be pointed upward to accentuate the walls of the home or stately trees. Since it shines directly where needed, it does not encroach on the night sky to the same extent as lights that flood the entire yard.
Please feel free to discuss your lighting needs with us.